Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP) Processing Times
The Department of Immigration & Border Protection (DIBP) aim to visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category.
Actual processing times are dependent on a number of factors, such as:
- whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge your application
- how well and how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department particularly in relation to health character and national security
- how many places are available in the migration programme.
All visa processing times are now available on the Department’s website: https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times
The figures provided will also be the time frames that 75% and 90% of applications are processed in.
If you have questions about another visa please complete the Ask Your Question form on this page.
Subscribe to PKH VisaNews
Complete your name and email address below to receive our regular newsletter: